Friday, July 10, 2009

Jamaica - Pictures Day 4 - 3

Day 4 - my first attempt at trying to capture some of the colors of Jamaica on my first solo romp through campus. Note the bright blue library. Also a view of the Rex 'Plex from above. The statue is a Taino Rooster (I think...the guides weren't sure). The Tainos were indigenous to the island. The Rooster is one of their gods. Also a picture of the business school. In my amateur opinion, it's one of the prettiest buildings on campus.








Day 3 - Tour of Halls of Residence - most of these are from Mary Seacole because it was so brightly painted. One is from the beautifully manicured grounds of Chancellor Hall. A few pictures from the u-19 Cricket Challenge Opening Ceremony. There's one picture in particular that is a view of the Blue and Long mountains ranges from the second story of Mary Seacole. I get that view every day.










No comments: